We’d like to invite you to apply for a 10-day training course on “Education on Water & Sustainability”, which will take place in Berlin from 22/09/2017 to 1/10/2017.
The training is aimed at full-time and voluntary youth workers (32 participants) from Germany, Romania, Albania, Slovakia, Serbia, Tunisia, Finland and Italy, especially those who are invested in environmental education. It is imperative for us to strongly involve youth workers who are dealing with economic and social disadvantages. We also aim to win persons with an immigration background and fugitives as participants for the training, as well as the pedagogical professionals who are working with this specific target group.
Following the title “Water is Life – Educational Approaches on Water and Sustainability”, we will try out educational approaches and methods for 10 days. We will discover and exchange methods which will enable the participants to cover the various dimensions (ecological, economic, social and political, human rights) of the topic “water & sustainability” in their educational day-to-day work. The training strongly focuses on getting to know different pedagogical approaches in a direct manner. Thus, the participants will have the opportunity to try out, evaluate and discuss a variety of methods: a simulation game, excursions and guided tours, nutrition based on a sustainability index, as well as other interactive & non-formal methods which are tied to intercultural, environmental and outdoor education. In addition, participants will be taught background and basic knowledge about water and sustainability.
The pedagogical methods will enable the participants to incorporate the topic “water and sustainability” into the context of youth work. This includes the ability to motivate young people to change their mindset towards a more sustainable use of water and to engage themselves for the human right to water and sanitation. Furthermore, the participants will learn that the water crisis requires international efforts and global solutions; the training will offer them a variety of tools to incorporate this knowledge in their daily pedagogical work.
If you like to be a part of the training, please register online via https://obuk-ev.org/online-application.
OBUK e.V. supports a more sustainable, eco-friendly way of travelling. That means that it’s obligatory to stick to the following travelling guidelines:
- Destinations < 1000km: bus or train connections ONLY
- Destinations > 1000km: ONLY direct flights with eco-friendly airlines, bus or train connections
Please note that not accepting or disrespecting these guidelines is an exclusion criterion for us regarding the selection of candidates.
- The training will take place in Berlin from 22/09/2017 to 1/10/2017.
- The training’s main place is going to be the seminar house “Tagungswerk”, which is part of the socio-cultural center Kubiz in Berlin-Weißensee.
- The training is aimed at youth workers / pedagogical professionals from Germany, Romania, Albania, Slovakia, Serbia, Tunisia, Finland and Italy.
- Registration for the training is to be made exclusively online.
- Deadline for registration is 27/08/2017.
- The participation fee will be 100 EUR / reduced 50 EUR covering participation and accommodation cost.
- Travelling costs will be refunded up to a maximum of 275 Euros per person. (Further details will be provided after successful application. Our travel policy is obligatory)
For Tunesia, visa costs can be refunded (if necessary).
- The training will be held in English.
If there are any questions regarding the registration or other matters, please contact us (email@example.com).